Sunday, November 15, 2015

Under the weather...

Hello fellow stitchers!

Hope this finds all of you enjoying your Fall days!  I apologize for being away for so long.  However, I have had quite a time with being sick.

It all started September 18th when my husband was diagnosed with chest congestion, an ear infection and pink eye in BOTH eyes.  YIKES!  I worked like a dog all weekend to clean and stay healthy - but I was not so lucky.  I contracted the chest stuff and the ear infection.  Luckily, I dodged the pink eye bullet.

The ear infection was bad enough, but the cough from the chest congestion was. absolutely. horrible.  I coughed so hard...well, lets just say that my bladder was rarely full.  The ear infection cleared up within a week and a half - the chest stuff and cough have been constant companions ever since.

Two antibiotics, five doctors visits, four sick days and many vials of blood tests later - we still do not know what is going on.  I have been tested for pneumonia, bronchitis, allergies, Lyme's Disease, thyroid disorder and rheumatoid arthritis.  I carry a low grade fever most days - and am absolutely exhausted.  The fatigue is awful.  My joints ache and I feel like I am 100 years old.  I took a picture of all the medicines that I have been on since this stuff began -



I am feeling better today than I have in a long time.  I am hoping that this signals an end to the plague.  This ordeal has taught me several things:

1.  Never, ever take your good health for granted.
2.  When you are sick and you feel like crud, Little Debbie Crunch Donuts can make a world of difference.
3.  Never underestimate the power of Tussinex.  It has been my best friend.
4.  Cats really are the best nurses.
5.  I work with a wonderful group of people.  They have shown a level of care and concern that made me feel better even when I didn't think I could make it through the day.
6.  My family's concern has also helped me keep a positive outlook.    I may be staring 40 right in the eye but nothing soothes like a call from mom when you are sick :-)

So, it is my sincere hope that I will be back to normal soon.  The doc ordered more tests - we are narrowing things down - and it looks like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.  I will keep you up to date.  

One thing I have been able to do is reorganize my stitching stuff.  I will share some of my finds in the next couple of days :-)

Till next time, peeps!  Keep stitchin'!
Valerie

6 comments:

Margaret said...

So sorry you've been dealing with being sick. No fun at all! Hope you and your husband get back to normal really soon. Hang in there!

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Valerie, I am sorry to hear that you still have the crud. Thinking of you!

Jonette said...

Hope you are better soon. Did they test you for pertussis?

Penny said...

Sounds like a miserable time, but hopefully you will be feeling better soon!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, that sounds very serious. I hope that you will soon be on the mend and alreay feel a lot better by now.

Chris said...

So glad that you are feeling better! I love your blog header!