Sunday, August 30, 2015

Back from a loooong hiatus....

Good evening, dear readers!

I know that it has been a very long time since I posted here.  Instead of boring you with details I will just say that I have missed seeing everyone and look forward to reconnecting with all of you!

Over the past few years my stitching has moved to the back-burner.  To be honest, I have not picked up my needle in quite some time (years, maybe??)  Work has taken over my life and it is time to readjust priorities.

I have been dabbling in photography - and have enjoyed the freedom that snapping pictures has afforded me.  However, I do miss my needlework!  Over the past few weeks, I have been slowly going through my stash and deciding what to keep and what to toss.  Looking over my stash has re-awakened a desire to pick up my needle.

As many of you know, I have always been drawn to the BAPs - things that take YEARS to complete!  This time around, I am going to take baby steps back into my needlework.  I have found a lovely ornament that I started years ago that I hope to finish.  It is an oldie but goodie -

Little House Needleworks
Peppermint Twist
32ct Lambswool

I love Little House Needleworks and look forward to finishing this cutie so I can have another ornament on my tree this December.

Thank you to those of you who have continued to follow my blog and send messages of encouragement!  I promise to catch up on my email soon!

Take care and keep stitching!
Valerie

7 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome back! Nice looking ornament! Have you seen her "sampler" ornaments?

Robin

Mary said...

Love the ornie! Welcome back to blogging! I, too, am just getting back after a long time away.

Ellen said...

Welcome back, Valerie. I've missed you.

Margaret said...

It's so good to see a post from you! I've often wondered how you were doing and if you would post again. I seem to have gone on a tangent stitching-wise as well. Been doing more knitting than stitching recently. Hope you show some of your photography! Good idea on starting small with getting back into stitching. I'm trying to do the same.

Carol said...

Nice to see you back in blogland, Valerie!! I hope the stitching bug comes back for you big time :)

Brigitte said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. So nice to see that you have found your stitching mojo agais, And after some smaller projects you will ceratinly find back into stitching all those wonderful big projects.

Robin said...

Yes,welcome back! I love your stitches.