Sunday, March 4, 2012

Behind

Hello fellow stitchers!

It is a crisp morning here in the Shenandoah.  First I want to thank everyone for their wonderful comments on my Richmond Sampler finish.  They have been such a bright spot in my world. 

So, you wonder what my blog post title means?   Well, I am behind.  I am behind in my blog posting; behind in my blog commenting; behind in my email responses; behind in my stitching; behind in my WIPcapolyspse updates; behind in house cleaning - the "behinds" are endless. 

The first two months of 2012 have been a roller coaster and while I have been hanging on, it has not been very graceful.  I don't know about everyone else, but when I ride a roller coaster, I regret stepping on it the moment I sit down and strap in.  I feel anxious and my heart pounds.  I know what is coming but at the same time I don't know what is coming.  I know that there will be ups and downs but I don't know where.  There are times of pure exhilaration and times that I shut my eyes and pray for the ride to be over.  Yet at the end, I bask in the adrenaline rush, hop off of the roller coaster only to line back up for another ride.  Anyone else understand? 

My husband was sent to West Virginia for five weeks - professionally it was great, but I missed him terribly.  The great news is that he has been promoted to executive chef and we could not be happier.  While hubby was in West Virginia, my dear cat Simon was very sick and I was worried to distraction.  He was diagnosed with hyperthyroid and is responding well to treatment.  Still, it has been hard coming to terms with the fact that my furbaby is no spring chicken.  Work has been very stressful and comes home with me on a regular basis.  I am the chairperson of a state social studies education committee and the responsibility has added to my already large workload.  I am thrilled and honored to be professionally recognized but I am still adjusting to the extra work.  There have been a myriad of other ups and downs but I won't bore you with those details.  So, as you can see, 2012 has been a roller coaster ride.

So, dear followers, your comments on my Richmond Sampler finish meant more than you realized!  Your words of encouragement and congratulations were like a salve to my soul.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I will leave you with a picture of Simon, enjoying one of his favorite spots - the back of my stitching chair!   Have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again to hubby on his new position! I know you are both thrilled!

Glad Simon is doing better, so it is less stress for you!

We need a stitch day!

Robin

Teresa said...

Hope you have time to relax soon.
Glad Simon is doing better.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Nancy said...

Congratulations to your husband on his new position! I somehow missed your post on the Richmond Sampler finish...it is beautiful and I know you must feel such a sense of accomplishment!

Simon looks so comfortable draped across the back of your chair, hope he is feeling better now!

Margaret said...

Wow, it really does sound like you've been on a roller coaster so far this year. Congratulations on your DH's new position, and on yours too. It does sound like you have a lot more work on your hands as a result, but like you said, it's wonderful to be recognized. And poor Simon! I'm glad he's ok now, but I so know where you were when that was going on! It's so stressful and worrying when our fur babies aren't well. I hope Simon has many happy years ahead of him with this treatment. Hope you're finding time for stitching in the midst of the roller coaster ride of 2012!

Deb said...

Congratulations to your husband on his new position. And congratulations to you too! I'm sure that all the additional work has been an adjustment, but wonderful to be professionally recognized.

Glad that Simon is better. My Bailey wasn't too well this week and sometimes I think I worry about him more than I do my children!

Catherine said...

Congrats to your hubby! As. For the rest, oh I do indeed understand and am sending hugs! Hope you get some breathing time soon. Simon is so cute and looks oh so comfy!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I know it has been a trying couple of months - I can relate (although for completely different reasons) and know that the more I try to keep up or catch up, it seems, as Pooh would say, "the behinder I get".
Congrats on the executive chef position for your DH! Good luck with your extra duties too. It's an important thing you're doing and as always, educators and the things you do to make the system better, are never rewarded as well as they should be. Thank you!

Good luck to Simon - I'm glad he's feeling better.

Take care, Valerie!

Laurie in Iowa said...

It does as if 2012 has offered up many challenges. Congrats to both you and your husband for new job positions. I hope the meds continue to work for your sweet Simon and he'll continue to feel better.
I find my stitching to be a wonderful stress reducer... I hope you have a few moments to devote to your needle and thread.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Roller Coaster rides, they do play with our well being. Congratulations to both you and your husband! Job(s) well done!

When my fur baby aka Miss Callie Mae is not well, I can hardly function! Glad your Simon is doing better and pray for many more years for both of you.

P.J. said...

Simon is a beautiful boy, glad to hear is doing well on his meds. Lovely, lovely work on your Richmond sampler. Hopefully spring will bring you a breath of fresh air, after your roller coaster ride.

Keep on stitching.

robindefender said...

Aw! Sorry to hear Simon has been having a rough time, but glad to hear that you've sorted it out. Congrats to your hubby for the promo. I hope things calm down for for a bit here.

Glenna said...

Hang on, Dearie! You'll persevere! And Simon is my favorite kind of cat. Best wishes to you--hugs from Northern Virginia.

pam said...

Sorry for the ride, life can be a bit much of an adventure some days. Take a stitching break to sooth the soul and prepare for the next twist and turn.

Joysze said...

I'm so sorry that the last 2 months have been so trying, Valerie. I hope things will settle down some soon. Congrats to hubby on his promotion and hope Simon recovers fully soon. That's a wonderful picture of him. :D

Penny said...

Good news on your husband's promotion and on your professional accomplishments too! :)
I'm so glad that Simon is feeling better. It is very difficult when our pets are ill. He certainly is a handsome fellow! :)
I hope things settle down for you soon.

jonette said...

The Richmond Sampler is beautiful! Congrats to your husband! Happy Stitching!

milly said...

Hello

Just joined your lovely blog.

Your Richmond Sampler is beautiful.

I love Simon he is so sweet!
Hope life settles soon for you.