Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stitching with friends

Hello fellow stitchers!

It was a beautiful fall day here in the Shenandoah and I must admit I enjoyed gaining an hour of sleep!

I had a wonderful day yesterday...I spent the day with my dear friend, Robin.  She was kind enough to invite me to her house (which is a lovely house, nestled in the woods...absolutely charming!) for a day of stitching.  We spent the day sharing projects, stash acquisitions and of course stitching!  I took full advantage of her Keurig coffee/tea maker...what a wonderful machine!  But it was the fellowship that was the most inspiring.

I brought along two projects to stitch on but ended up focusing on one all day...The Sparrow.  I finished the tree trunk and started the leaves.  Here are a few pics of my progress...



Thanks to Robin and her enabling ways, I am going to employ The Sparrow as my 15 minute stitching project.  The small motifs and fill in (grass and eventual houses) will be perfect for quick stitching.

Thank you to those who left comments about my queen stitches.  I must admit that I enjoyed stitching them...they are so beautiful when they are finished! 

Also, a big welcome to my new followers!  Thank you for finding my little world interesting! 

Till next time!  Happy Stitching!

20 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful progress!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for coming and spending the day! Being able to sit, stitch, chat, and stitch some more with was a delight! You made some good progress on The Sparrow while you were here!

See you Saturday at CSS!

Robin

Zlata said...

Beautiful sampler! And very warm, gently colors! keep it up!

Mouse said...

isn't it fun when you can spend stitching time with another stitcher :) wonderful progress and glad you had fun too :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

Your sampler is looking very pretty! Happy stitching to you too!

Margaret said...

I love your stitching! How nice to get together with a stitching friend. I love those days, don't you?

Jenny said...

Sparrow is so pretty! Have fun with your new 15-min strategy!

Lizzy said...

How lovely to spend the day stitching, chatting, plundering through stash and drinking coffee with a friend ... The Sparrow is coming along beautifully~~~ Blessings always in stitches...

Catherine said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Love the piece you are working on, very sweet!

Peg said...

It's always so much fun stitching with friends, isn't it! Lovely project!

Lois said...

Sounds like you'd a lovely day! What a nice piece you're working on at the moment.

Joysze said...

Sampler looks great, Valerie!

Yummy queen stitches in your last post too. Love the close ups. :D

RuthB said...

Oh, I'm so jealous for your lovely sounding day (and your beautiful stitching too). :)

Congrats on the progress and the fun.

Siobhan said...

It sounds like a fun day! What great progress. I love your queen stitches, too. I was just getting into the zone with them on Victorine when I stuffed her away--I am going to have to look up your post when I pull it out again!

Karoline said...

Sparrow is looking gorgeous as are your Queen stitches.

Stitching days with friends are the best.

Penny said...

Getting together with stitching friends is always so much fun. :) The Sparrow is looking very lovely!

Brigitte said...

What a fun day you spent with your stitching friend. Great progress on the Sparrow Sampler.

Suzanne said...

What a pretty sampler, you have made great progress.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Shenandoah sampler, I just found and joined your wonderful blog! Your work is gorgeous. Who is the Rhode Island sampler to the right of Anne Maria Clarke in your header? I also did Anne with Margriet's online class. I would like to invite you to visit my blog
merrywindfarm.blogspot.com. Scroll down to maybe the second post to see what I did with the loss of verse in Anne and let me know what you think.

Hugs, Melinda

Laura said...

Valerie, I just discovered your blog and I am in love with it! Your projects are just gorgeous!!!! Your pictures are divine! So glad to have "stumbled" on to your place!