Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November already???

Hello, dear readers!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween!  I spent the evening cuddled up with my Richmond Sampler attempting to finish the flower baskets.  I have a few more queen stitches to put in before I share my progress...but I promise it will be soon!

I can show some progress on The Sparrow...but the word "Sparrow" gave me quite a fit Saturday night.  I ripped it out not once but twice!  Thankfully, the third time I stitched it, it was correct.  As I was ripping out "Sparrow" for the second time, I could hear my grandmother's voice in my head asking "Are you pulling it out with your teeth?"  What does that mean?  Well, when I was younger, my grandmother told me never start a project on a Sunday because according to superstition if you do the devil will have you pulling your stitches out with your teeth!   And no, I did not start The Sparrow on a Sunday but if you saw me frogging on Saturday evening you would have thought so.  Without further ado here is my progress in The Sparrow...

Thank you for all of the kind comments about DH and his first 5K.  I showed him all of your wonderful comments and he was thrilled!  You guys made his day!  Thank you!

Off to finish those queen stitches...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your Sparrow is looking fabulous! Sorry you had to do some reverse stitching though! Looking forward to seeing Richmond!

See you soon!

Robin

Laurie in Iowa said...

The Sparrow is looking wonderful. So sorry you had to unstitch twice... that is disappointing.

Catherine said...

The devil and teeth should never be allowed near such pretty stitches! It looks wonderful!

butterfly said...

Great stitching, love your story.
Have a good week.

Mouse said...

ooo it looks very pretty and I had to giggle about your saying .. never heard that before but I will remember it ): love mouse xxxx

Jenny said...

Hi Valerie, I am cheering you on from the side-lines; "go queen-stitches!".
Good to see that you caught that pesky sparrow at last too. ;-) What a pretty sampler (first time I can recall seeing it), I love the tall, skinny flowers on the ends! Those little hearts are just adorable and it looks like a really fun stitch!

Sherri said...

Sparrow is looking great. But Queen stitches . . . aaaaargh :) Have fun!

pam said...

Sparrow loks fab! Cannot wait to see it completed.(stitch faster)

Ann said...

Looks wonderful and can't wait to see the Richmond sampler as well.

And my grandmother said the devil would have you pulling out the stitches with your nose! I think teeth would be easier!!!

Brigitte said...

Your Sparrow Sampler is looking so pretty. Great progress.

Karen said...

The Sparrow is really pretty! I've heard that saying many times over the years, but never knew where it stemmed from. Thanks for sharing! :)

Siobhan said...

Sparrow looks great! Sorry about the frogging--hopefully you've served your time now and they've moved on somewhere else. I wish frogs hibernated in the winter months! ;)