Saturday, September 24, 2011

IHSW Update

Ok, so I am a week late and $10 short but I figured that you would like to see my progress from International Hermit Stitching Weekend.  While I was not able to stitch the entire weekend, I did get in quite a few hours between Friday night and Sunday evening.  My attention was focused on Rebecah French and The Sparrow.  I will share pics of The Sparrow after I share them with my SAL partner, Robin.  Here is Rebecah so far...





Rebecah French - The Essamplaire
AVAS and Zweigart 35 ct. Lambswool Linen
 I am enjoying Rebecah French.  She is a delightful sampler!  I finished the eyelet alphabet and once I finish the eyelet border I will move on to the satin stitch alphabet.

This weekend I will once again pick up Richmond Sampler.  My 24" scroll rods from StitchMate arrived and now I can stitch on Richmond with both hands!  Hopefully we will see a finish sooner rather than later!

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments.  I am feeling much better and your warm thoughts were instrumental to my recovery!  It is hard to believe that fall is officially here.  I am already enjoying the cooler weather.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hugs and stitches...

27 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad you're feeling better! As for Rebecah -- wow! She's so pretty! I can't wait to see more! I wish I had the nerve to tackle pieces like this one. It's so lovely!

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Your eyelets are really stunning, beautiful alphabet!

Catherine said...

Such pretty stitches!

Siobhan said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better! Your WIPs are beautiful.

Mouse said...

ooo glad you are feeling better and great progress you've made too :) ps why did you lose $10. .?? love mouse xxxxx

Suzanne said...

Your stitching is lovely!

I'm enjoying the cooler weather, but wish this rain would move on out! I think we may need to build an ark soon!

Chris said...

Rebecca is looking so beautiful!

Kathy Ellen said...

How nice for you to enjoy some special stitching time at your stitching weekend. Your progress on Rebecah is beautiful, with all those perfect specialty stitches.

So glad that you are feeling much better now, and hope that you enjoy some more special stitching time this weekend.

Mindi said...

Rebecah is looking lovely! for some reason I look at her colors and it makes me think autumn, with the black, rusty-orange and cream.

Katherine said...

Wow, Rebekah is really pretty. It's kinda hard to make a marking sampler stand out, but your stitching is lovely and the colors (floss and fabric) really go well together. Can't wait to see more!

pam said...

How did I miss IHSW? I really would have like to have held up and stitched as well. :) I love the progress on RF! She is lovely.

Karen said...

Valerie, this is so pretty! I look forward to seeing more! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Summer just seemed to fly by this year. Hard to believe we'll probably have snow in another month or so!

Laurie in Iowa said...

So glad to hear that you're feeling better. Rebecah is a beautiful sampler.

Lois said...

What a beautiful WIP! Looking forward to watching your progress on this one.

Ranae said...

The RK sampler is looking so pretty.
The stitches and colors are awesome
Keep up the great stitching

Anonymous said...

Rebecah is looking fabulous! You have made some fabulous progress on her!

We need another stitch day!

Robin

Jenny said...

Oh Rebecca is so pretty! I love all those beautiful letters and all the colors.
Have fun with the Richmond sampler on your new scroll-frame!

Blu said...

Rebecah looks lovely. The eyelet alphabet is very pretty!

Katrina said...

So glad you are feeling better!!!! I hate being sick :-(. Rebecah is so pretty, love the colors and the alphabet.

Ann said...

Rebecah is looking good! And can't wait to see your progress on the Richmond sampler, too.

Joysze said...

It's never too late to post pretty pics! :D Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

Hillery said...

Found you again. Don't know where I went.

marly said...

Oh my your eyelet stitches are wonderful! Mine always look stressed! I need to look up Rebecah and see the entire sampler because she is so gorgeous already. Richmond is another favorite of mine, can't wait to see progress.

Suzanne said...

Such pretty stitching!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is a beautiful sampler!

CindyMae said...

I am a new follower, found you through the IHSW sign up and love your stitching. Will be back to visit often!

Claire said...

Well done on your progress.