I know that I am coming to the monthly goals party a little late (ok, three days late) but as I tell my husband, "I am not late, I am ready." Having never really sat down and contemplated monthly stitching goals, this is new territory for me. Stitching has been a part of my life on and off for over 25 years. Like many things, my stitching mojo has ebbed and flowed and it completely disappeared during my tenure as a restaurant manager (never doing that again!) After changing careers I found renewed life, especially with my stitching and antique samplers quickly became an obsession.
However, life has been busy and full of *life stuff* over the past couple of years and finding time to stitch was, at times, impossible. Now that I've had a break from work, (thank goodness for summers off!) I have been able to take a serious look at my stitching; short/long term goals, what I truly want to stitch and what can be reasonably accomplished in this lifetime (I crack myself up.)
While I am still working on my long term stitching goals, I have at least come up with some goals for the month of July. I have tried to be realistic but at the same time I have also tried to challenge myself. So, without further ado, I present my first ever monthly goals...
1. Finish Lizzie*Kate ABC Lessons
2. Finish Richmond Sampler (this is a big challenge!)
3. I will be starting a new Saturday SAL with my dear friend, Robin. It is a Tree of Life Samplings SAL and we are stitching a design of our choice. My goal is to stitch on our new project EVERY Saturday!
4. Pull out Psalm 23 and start working on it again. It needs to be a 2011 finish! Probably make this piece my 15 Minute A Day Project.
5. Continue working on Rebecah French. It would be nice if I could finish the first lesson...however, I am trying to be realistic and keep my sanity. She is new and I will post more about her very soon...
6. I would like to start something new...Shores of Hawk Run Hollow is on my mind...and has been for some time. Actually, I cannot stop thinking about it. So, I guess that means I need to start it?? How about this...I will start it AFTER I finish Richmond Sampler...hopefully both will be this month!!
Well, I think that does it regarding my stitching goals. They are lofty but I hope to accomplish most of them. Say a stitching prayer for me! Enjoy the holiday weekend!