Sunday, July 3, 2011

July Goals


I know that I am coming to the monthly goals party a little late (ok, three days late) but as I tell my husband, "I am not late, I am ready."  Having never really sat down and contemplated monthly stitching goals, this is new territory for me.  Stitching has been a part of my life on and off for over 25 years.  Like many things, my stitching mojo has ebbed and flowed and it completely disappeared during my tenure as a restaurant manager (never doing that again!)  After changing careers I found renewed life, especially with my stitching and antique samplers quickly became an obsession.

However, life has been busy and full of *life stuff* over the past couple of years and finding time to stitch was, at times, impossible.  Now that I've had a break from work, (thank goodness for summers off!) I have been able to take a serious look at my stitching; short/long term goals, what I truly want to stitch and what can be reasonably accomplished in this lifetime (I crack myself up.)
While I am still working on my long term stitching goals, I have at least come up with some goals for the month of July.  I have tried to be realistic but at the same time I have also tried to challenge myself.  So, without further ado, I present my first ever monthly goals...


1.  Finish Lizzie*Kate ABC Lessons

2.  Finish Richmond Sampler (this is a big challenge!)

3.  I will be starting a new Saturday SAL with my dear friend, Robin. It is a Tree of Life Samplings SAL and we are stitching a design of our choice. My goal is to stitch on our new project EVERY Saturday! 

4.  Pull out Psalm 23 and start working on it again.  It needs to be a 2011 finish!  Probably make this piece my 15 Minute A Day Project. 

5.  Continue working on Rebecah French.  It would be nice if I could finish the first lesson...however, I am trying to be realistic and keep my sanity.  She is new and I will post more about her very soon...

6.  I would like to start something new...Shores of Hawk Run Hollow is on my mind...and has been for some time.  Actually, I cannot stop thinking about it.  So, I guess that means I need to start it??  How about this...I will start it AFTER I finish Richmond Sampler...hopefully both will be this month!!

Well, I think that does it regarding my stitching goals.  They are lofty but I hope to accomplish most of them.  Say a stitching prayer for me!  Enjoy the holiday weekend!

9 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Lofty goals, indeed but completely doable, I think! Good luck ~ we'll be cheering you on!

Have a great 4th weekend!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Valerie! Will be here to cheer you on or even help you "jump start" yourself!

Goals are great to have as long as you are enjoying the stitching journey!

Robin

Catherine said...

Great goals!! Good luck - we'll be watching for updates!!

Margaret said...

Oh, you signed up for Rebacah French? How exciting! I was too intimidated to sign up although I do love the piece. Can't wait to see! Love all your goals. Good luck with them! I can't set goals at all -- they change too often. lol!

Nancy said...

Love your goal for the month! Wishing you no froggy visits to hinder you in your progress! Look forward to your updates!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm impressed that you've signed on for the Rebacah French sampler. It's a beauty. Good luck with your goals.

Suzanne said...

You definitely need to start Shores.......

Dani - tkdchick said...

I started setting monthly stiching goals years ago (I think I'm one of the pioneers in this area). It takes a bit of time to get the hang of it and not be too ambitious and sent achieveable goals.

I find they really help keep me focued and remind me of what I'd liek to get accomplished. Some months my goals get set by the wayside by some new obsession (project or just life) and some months I accomplish them all.

Best of luck with your goals. Remember stitching is still meant to be fun, not work so don't get wrapped up in the goal side of things!

Katherine said...

YAY! Great choices! Can't wait to see your progess!