Thursday, July 7, 2011

ABC Lessons Finished!

Happy Dance!  ABC Lessons is finished!  Yay!  ABC Lessons was one of my July goals...and it is done!  I used the called for fibers (they came with the chart) and I also used the button pack designed for this piece.  A big thank you goes out to Edgar...he mentioned that when you change the fabric count that sometimes the buttons don't fit!  He was right!  I would never have thought that using 32ct.  instead of 28ct. would make that big of a difference...but it did!  Thanks to the heads up from Edgar, I was able to move things around just a bit so that most (not all) of the buttons fit! 

ABC Lessons by Lizzie Kate
32 ct. Lambswool
Crescent Colors and DMC
Just Another Button Company Buttons


I just love the little sheep!








I love how this turned out.  As I mentioned before, I this will hang in my classroom but instead of framing, I will make it into a wall hanging.  That means a trip to the new quilting shop down the road from my house! 

Till next time...Happy Stitching!

21 comments:

Catherine said...

Sweet finish! Love the little buttons!

Margaret said...

What a great finish! I'm glad most of the buttons ended up fitting with your work. It'll make a great hanging for sure!

Jenny said...

Oh Valerie, that is simply lovely! So very sweet! Big congrats on a big finish - and we aren't even 1/3 through July yet; well done!

valerie said...

Fun finish! I don't remember this project being offered with buttons. I stitched it without and love it. I still need to figure out how to finish finish it! It will be a nice addition to your classroom.

Teresa said...

Wonderful finish. Perfect for a class room.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish! Way to go, Valerie! Looking forward to seeing it turned into a wall hanging!

Don't forget to bring it with you next week!

Robin

Katherine said...

Oh Wow! Great finish and so pretty!

MoonBeam said...

Really came out cute. I hope we get to see how you finish it off.

Bobbi

Edgar said...

What a super finish!! Congrats!!

Lee said...

Great job! It looks like such a fun piece to stitch, and you've stitched it beautifully.

Karen said...

So cute! Kudos on a great finish.

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful finish.

Carol said...

I love it, Valerie--the buttons really finish it off beautifully :)

Nancy said...

Great finish! Those buttons really are the perfect finishing touch! Enjoy shopping for the perfect fabric!

Peg said...

Beautiful - and what lovely reminders for life.

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful finish Valerie, those buttons really make it. Congratulations!

Katrina said...

It's wonderful!!!! I love it and huge congrats on the finish.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

How'd I miss this??? Very sweet finish, Valerie and perfect for your classroom!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wonderful & congratulations on your finish!

Karen said...

Beautiful finish! I love this design! Congrats! :)

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous, congratulations