Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Saturday SAL Progress

It is officially summer!  Enjoy the long, lazy days while you can!  I am still only into my first week of summer break but I am loving the freedom!  I have been able to organize myself and focus on stitching!  Yesterday was my first day of serious stitchy butt....and I loved it!  I stitched on two projects, ABC Lessons and Richmond Sampler.  Here is my progress so far on ABC Lessons...

I have enjoyed this piece but the all those letters are getting a bit tiresome.  I think that I am going to start stitching the blocks around the letters for a bit of a break.  This is a Saturday SAL with my friend Robin (no blog) but lately my Saturdays have been busy.  So, I am using the SAL as my 15 Minute Project.  I stitch on it for 15 minutes before I stitch on my main project, Richmond Sampler.  Believe it or not, 15 minutes makes a difference!

I have made good progress on Richmond Sampler and I promise to share a progress pic soon! 

I will leave you with a picture of my dear, old kitty, Simon. 

He is loving summer break too!  After I get up, he curls up in the bed and takes a loooooong morning nap.  Hey, it gives me a good excuse not to make the bed right away!

Happy Stitching! 

11 comments:

Jenny said...

LK looks great! And I just want to squeeze in through my monitor to snuggle with your kitty - how adorable.
I was admiring your samplers up on your blog heading. Do you have a list for them enywhere. I love all of them (I see some birds in there) and I am especially intrigued by the sampler on the right edge in the center. The one with people and trees. It looks gorgeous and like a very heavy stitching piece.

Margaret said...

Love your Lizzie Kate so far! I can see how the letters could get a bit monotonous. Simon looks so content! Mia has taken over the TV watching chair around here. I don't have the heart to displace her, so I just suffer. lol!

Cristina said...

Simon looks very comfortable in "his"bed!

Your Lizzie is looking great, but I can imagine you need to stitch something rather than letters from time to time.
Looking forward to see the progress in your Richmond sampler.

Anonymous said...

Super progress on your ABC Lessons! Good going, Valerie! Can't wait to see an updated shot of Richmond Sampler!

Simon looks very comfy!

Robin

Catherine said...

LK looks great! I know that I would feel the same after stitching all those letters!

Such a cute picture of your kitty!!

Pumpkin said...

Boy, you really made great progress on this piece!

Simon is so adorable and reminds me of my first Siamese, Fonzy :o)

Deb said...

You're making great progress Val. I have heard that just 15 minutes does make a difference. I can't wait to the progress on the Richmond Sampler!

Beth said...

LK looks great and aren't kitties such great companions - always readsy to take a nap with you - it's inspiring really!

Suzanne said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words. Your blog is lovely - I have much reading to do - looks like you are busy and your stitching is beautiful!!! It's SO NICE to find another stitcher in Virginia!! My Dad lives in Farmville, not sure if you are close to there or not. The Richmond sampler is gorgeous. I need to go read back on your posts about that! I'm definitely putting you in my blog feed!! Suzanne

Carol said...

Looks like your summer break is off to a great start, Valerie--love the LK progress and little Simon looks like he's enjoying his summer, too :)

Katrina said...

Sweet kitty!!!! He looks so comfy :-).

Your Lizzie Kate piece is so cute and I can't wait to see an updated picture of your Richmond Sampler.

Hope you are enjoying your summer off :-).