Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Little ABC Progress

Hello dear readers!

It is hot, hot, HOT here in the Shenandoah.  Luckily, the AC is cranking which makes life a little more bearable!

I have been busy stitching on ABC Lessons.  I have gotten quite a bit done...all of the words are finished.  Now, I just need to finish the letter blocks and the small motifs throughout.

Here is a before pic...

Here she is as of last night...(sorry for the wrinkles)

Hubby and I purchased a new laptop a few weeks ago and Simon has enjoyed sitting next to me on the couch while I peruse the blogs.  Please ignore the bright pink dress...hey, it is my summer break and I live in funky house dresses!

Till next time...Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Faye said...

Great Valerie~~~ wonderful progress!! Faye

Margaret said...

Great progress, Valerie! All the words being done is definitely a milestone! Simon is so cute! Congrats on the new laptop! Cuddle time with Simon is a good thing. :D

pam said...

Great progess! I am jealous of the stitching time and that you get to enjoy your funky house dress! :)Keep stitching!

Catherine said...

Wow! Great progress! What a cute blog reading companion!

Nancy said...

Great progress! Love your blog reading companion! Funky house dresses are the best on these hot summer days! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome progress on your ABC Lessons! Glad you got all the letter stitched!

Robin

Nicola said...

Wonderful progress Valerie.

Vonna said...

Your ABC's are so close!!! It is a very pretty WIP. And look at that darling Simon...he's a handsome boy!

samplerlover said...

This is also a lovely sampler. You are making great progress on it.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Great progress, Valerie - you're almost done! Hey! What's not to love about a bright pink, summertime frock!? Love it!

Rowyn said...

Great progress. Simon is purr-fectly gorgeous. Have a lovely weekend.

Siobhan said...

What a fun piece! It looks great. LOL at the pink house dress. I would wear one if I thought I could get away with it--I am always afraid somebody will show up at the door so I stay safe in my sweats. ;)

Enjoy your weekend & the 4th!

Kathy Ellen said...

Such lovely little sentiments to keep in our hearts and minds. Wonderful stitching, Valerie!

Carol said...

Oh, your ABC Lessons is really coming along nicely, Valerie... I love the "lessons" on it :)

And that Simon is one handsome cat--beautiful, beautiful eyes!