Monday, June 20, 2011

First Monday of Summer Break!

Yes, it is official...I am free from school until the first of August!  To celebrate hubby and I headed to Waynesboro and Staunton...we hit my LNS and our favorite coffee shop. 

I went into my LNS, Cross Stitch Station, to pick up some needles...well, I could not walk out without a few charts!  I picked up three of Lizzie Kate's Halloween Rules (too cute!) and one of my favorite Sue Hillis designs.

 It reads, "The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves." Have any of you worked in an environment like that?  I sure have!  My last job was the embodiment of that saying!  While I am no longer in that kind of environment, I can still laugh at it!

After hitting the LNS, hubby and I went to our favorite coffee shop where I worked on my stitching and hubby read one of his many books.  We enjoyed Cafe Mochas and Chocolate Spoon Cake!  YUM!

Today I realized that I have not shared my Richmond Sampler progress as of late.  I promise to get some pics on here very soon.  Till then, dear readers...Happy Stitching!

17 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds like a great way to celebrate summer vacation! Love the stash and the stitching too! Hope you enjoy your break from school!

April Mechelle said...

Valerie Sounds like you had the best day! Shopping and Cake !! My kind of a day! Love your new stash. Happy Stitching!

Catherine said...

What a wonderful way to start your summer!!!
I'm laughing at the "beatings will continue" - I feel like I need that here sometimes for my boys!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a most enjoyable first day of freedom! The cafe mocha and cake look yummy!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Robin

Teresa said...

What a wonderful way to start of your summer sharing it with your husband. Can't wait to see your sampler.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Laurie in Iowa said...

Enjoy your summer break. It got off to a wonderful start.

Brigitte said...

Looking at that chocolate cake I think I'd love that coffee shop as well, lol.

Siobhan said...

Sounds like a great day! Yumm--cafe mochas and chocolate cake. Love the stitching, too! Enjoy your summer break.

pam said...

What a great way to start your summer break. Can you see my green eyes of envy through the post? Enjoy your break, I am sure you have earned it.

dixiesamplardesigns said...

What a delightful day with your hubby!! Glad you two had some sweet, relaxing time with each other..and what a great way to kick off the summer season.

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Ruth said...

Hello Valerie,

I found your blog when you followed mine and I'm so glad you did.

I loved reading your blog to and the start of your holidays sounds lovely, I can't imagine anything nicer than siting eating cake, drinking coffee and stitching... sighhh

I love you LK charts as I've just started getting these ones too. I cant wait to see what you do with them.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Mmmmmm.... chocolate cake. Yum!
Love your new stash - the "Beatings will Continue" chart is fantastic. Your stitching looks great and I can't wait to see your Richmond Sampler progress.

Happy Summer!!!

Nancy said...

Nice new stash! Enjoy your summer off! Can't wait to see your Richmond progress!

I will have to check out your LNS when I am traveling out by Waynesboro in a few weeks on vacation! That is if I can get my hubby to stop there! ;^)

Jenny said...

I wish you a lovely break, Valerie. It sounds like it is off to a fabulous start!
Love the Halloween and Pirate charts. Your progress on the ABC Lessons is impressive - I can't even imagine stitching that many letters! LOL You are a real trooper!!!

Deb said...

Great new stash. I wish that "The Beatings" was one around when I was working. It would have been perfect to hang on my office wall.

And can't wait to see progress on the Richmond Sampler. It really is a beautiful piece.

And chocolate anything is a winner in my book!

Pumpkin said...

Yay! Good for you :o)

Great stash. I like that pattern too. LOL!

Sounds like you and DH had a nice day.

Nancy said...

What a fun time and definitely a nice way to start off your summer vacation!