Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Richmond Sampler Progress...

Hello dear readers!

It was a gorgeous day in the Shenandoah!  What beautiful weather...I threw open the windows and enjoyed the fragrant breeze. 

My spring break has been wonderful and quite relaxing.  I have spent quite a bit of time stitching and have only had eyes for my dear Anne Maria Clarke.  She is really starting to take shape!  Here is my progress so far...

Here was my progress as of a week ago...

It may not look like a lot of progress but those trees...let me tell you!  I am glad there were only two of them! 

Tomorrow I will be in Richmond, Virginia and visit the original Anne Maria Clarke (Richmond Sampler.)  Words cannot express how excited I am!  The ladies in the archives of the Valentine Museum (where the sampler is housed) have been extremely helpful.  They were interested in seeing my own Richmond Sampler so it will be tagging along with me.  I am thrilled that my reproduction will be in the same room as the original!  WOW!  I will also visit the cemetery where Anne Maria Clarke is buried; I hope to find her grave and pay my respects. 

I would like to thank all of you who have taken the time to leave comments; they mean the world to me!  Thank you for the kind words and compliments.  I treasure my Blog Land friends...you guys are the best!

I promise a full Richmond report as soon as I return!  Happy Stitching!

Cheers,
Valerie

12 comments:

valerie said...

Wow, you got a lot done on Richmond Sampler! She's looking amazing! I hope you have fun seeing the original at the museum...what an opportunity!

Siobhan said...

Wonderful progress, Valerie! Enjoy your trip--having your sampler and the original in the same room--how neat!! I can't wait to read all about your experiences there.

Margaret said...

Richmond is looking wonderful -- you're really making strides! Can't wait to hear about your visit to Anne Maria Clarke. It's just so cool that you get to do this and that your Anne will be along for the ride! Looking forward to your post!

Robin said...

Enjoy your adventure to Richmond today! Looking forward to seeing your sampler and hearing your report!

See you tomorrow! Woohoo!

Nancy said...

Your sampler is looking wonderful, and have a nice time in Richmond! It is so exciting that you get to see the original sampler!

Elizabeth said...

Your sampler looks amazing. On big projects I sometimes will look at it and think I've gotten nowhere in the many hours I was working, but eventually it all comes together so nicely. Enjoy Richmond - hope the weather is lovely for you.

Katrina said...

She's gorgeous!!! Glad you are enjoying your break and can't wait to hear about your trip to see the original :-).

sampler lover said...

Anne Maria is looking really wonderful and it is wonderful that you are starting to get into the bones of her. I know there is a lot of work on the outside.
I am looking forward to hearing about your trip to Richmond to see the original Anne Maria. I hope that you are able to take some lovely photos - Sandra.

Sylvia said...

You made great progress on your Richmond sampler - congrats. It is looking gorgeous.

Kathy Ellen said...

"Anna Maria Clarke" is coming along so beautifully, and I am so excited for you that you will actually be able to see the actual original sampler at the Valentine Museum! What an incredible experience that will be for you. I can't wait to read about your Richmond trip and see some pictures too!

Suzanne said...

Wow, what fantastic progress you have made. It's looking really lovely.

I look forward to photos of the original sampler, if you can.

SusanIL said...

Val you've made great progress! Now you're down to the fun part so it will go faster, I bet. I got mine back from the framer, I need to take a picture and update my blog. I was happy with how it turned out, can't wait to see more progress on yours!