Monday, April 4, 2011

Richmond Sampler progress and a New Start!

Hello dear readers!

It is warm and sunny here in the Shenandoah!  I think I can say with some certainty that Spring has officially sprung! 

Thanks to all of you who commented on Fine Arts Day.  It was a special day for me and one that I will hold dear to my heart for years to come.  Thank you for your support and well wishes!

Now to the nitty gritty.  I did finish the border on Richmond Sampler (finally!)  Here is my before progress...

Here she is as of now...border complete and patiently waiting for the house to take shape. 
I have also started a new piece, Lizzie*Kate's "ABC's."  I am stitching this as a SAL with my dear friend, Robin (no blog.)  She is stitching the Lizzie*Kate "Dog Rules."  Our SAL is for Saturdays only but sometimes I cheat and stitch on Sundays too!  I know that Robin does not mind....it is the only way that I can keep up with her progress on Saturdays!  I think that I am going to enjoy working on this one...the pink is such a pretty color...makes me think of SPRING!

Well, that just about does it for this installment.  I have been away from blogging for the past couple of weeks due to work and life overload.  Not in a bad way, just a lot going on!  But I am stitching on an hope to have more to share soon! 

Cheers,
Valerie

13 comments:

Robin said...

Terrific update! Hope you have a fabulous week!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Richmond Sampler is just gorgeous, Valerie and your new LK is coming along nicely, too!

Deb said...

Your Richmond Sampler is so beautiful. I know that there is a lot of work on that piece but you're making good progress. And good start on your Lizzy Kate too. It probably comes as a breather from working on the Richmond Sampler.

Margaret said...

Congrats on finishing that border! It's probably the thing that takes the most time. I bet you're excited to start the house! Love your Lizzie Kate so far too!

Nancy said...

Love the Richmond Sampler! You have been working hard on it and have made a good start on the LK! Enjoy the spring time weather!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on finishing up your border on the Richmond sampler. It looks wonderful.

Carol said...

Your Richmond Sampler looks lovelier than ever, Valerie--keep up the great work :)

Sylvia said...

That is a lot of intense stitching on the border of the Richmond Sampler - good job, it is looking stunning.

Addie said...

Valerie, I have been watching your progress on the beautiful Richmond Sampler, but am wondering why the verse was left unfinished in the original. Did the designer of the pattern ever explain what the verse meant? It's a mystery what historical reference the "Colombies" are (I assume they are doves). Do you know anything about the verse? Addie

Suzanne said...

Way to go getting the border completed! Nice new start on the LK piece.

Natalia said...

Valerie, congratulations on finishing the border !! Borders always make me nervous because I am afraid they won't match at the end ! LOL !!
LK's ABCs are so much fun ! I am still stitching her Christmas one.
I love the look of your blog ! Fun pictures...

Siobhan said...

Richmond Sampler is coming along so nicely! I love your new SAL piece, too.

Kathy Ellen said...

Valerie, your work on "Psalm 23" is just beautiful! Love the border too.
Lizzie Kate's "ABC's" is really special too. Your little Simon is a beautiful kitty. We had a Siamese cat named Sasha when our children were growing up. She lived to age 14, and we missed her so much when she was gone.