Sunday, April 10, 2011

One day closer to Spring Break!

Hello dear readers!

It was a warm and sunny day here in the Shenandoah!  I hope everyone was able to enjoy a lovely spring weekend!  We have one week left of school before Spring Break!  I cannot wait!!!

I was able to get some stitching done over the past week.  I did make some progress on Psalm 23...

Vera K Psalm 23
32 ct. white evenweave
DMC threads

I will be glad to get this one finished...it has only been a WIP for about 10 years!

I also stitched on my SAL with my dear friend Robin (no blog.)  As I mentioned before, we stitch on Saturdays and here is my progress so far...

Lizze*Kate ABC Lessons
32 count Lambswool
Crescent Colors and DMC


I am really enjoying the Lizzie Kate ABC Lessons.  It has been an enjoyable stitch and the colors are a lot of fun.  I plan to purchase the button pack to accompany it.  When it is finished, I will be hanging it in my classroom.  Hopefully, it will provide my students with some positive encouragement!

Finally, dear readers, I leave you with my dear kitty, Simon.  He was lounging on the couch this evening when I snapped his picture.  The blue blanket is his Snuggie (he LOVES that thing) and his paw is on my project bag (containing Richmond Sampler.)  He is my beloved companion and is beside me every time I sit down to stitch.  He is quite spoiled...can't you tell?


I have promised some charts to people over the past few weeks.  I will to get to the post office very soon and get those charts in the mail!  My post office keeps crazy hours and I sometimes I do not make it in time after school.  However, I promise to win at their game this week!  Also, a lovely lady named Addie left a comment on my last post about Richmond Sampler.  I would like to respond but she did not leave a return email and her email is not listed on her profile. 
Addie, if you are reading this, please send me an email at valiehokie@gmail.com.  I would love to chat with you! 

Take care everyone and have a great week!

Cheers,
Valerie

11 comments:

Robin said...

Great progress on the Psalm 23 piece as well as on your LK ABC's! Nice project bag! :)

Spring Break will be here soon! Have a terrific week leading up to your break!

See you soon!

Andrea said...

You're making great progress on Psalm 23, it's so pretty!
Love that LK piece, it's a good one!

Happy Stitching!
xo

Sylvia said...

Great progress on both WIPs.

My oldest daughter has a Snuggie, and the dogs love it as well. If she leaves it out, they are on it for sure. LOL

Margaret said...

Love your Psalm 23! Your LIzzie Kate looks good too -- it'll be great for the classroom! Simon is so cute! It's great to have a spoiled stitching companion, isn't it?

GingerCat said...

It is good to see that you now have a bit more time for your stitching. Your work is turning out lovely!

It is supposed to be 90 degrees today in the upper Shenandoah Valley. I guess that means old man winter is finally on the run!

Nancy said...

Your stitching projects are beautiful, and so is Simon!

Kathy Ellen said...

Beautiful stitching on Psalm 23....just love that scripture too.
Sweet sentiments in the Lizzie Kate ABC Lessons piece. Your kitty, Simon is just beautiful. We had a Siamese named Sasha, when our children were growing up...precious kitty too.

Suzanne said...

Lovely progress on both of your pieces.

sampler lover said...

Oh I love your Psalm 23 sampler. It is my favorite Psalm. Lizzie Kate's piece is also coming along beautifully.
I don't think I left a comment on your Richmond Sampler. That one is really coming along nicely. I have always wondered about the verse as well. - Sandra.

Siobhan said...

Psalm 23 looks great! So beautiful, as is your L*K. I love your stitching partner!

I didn't realize that you are a Hokie until recently--I think. I might have said this before, but my two brothers & SIL are Hokies. A few years ago, shortly after the tragedy, we saw a woman walking through town with the VT logo on her hat. Our town has very narrow streets with traffic only going one way--think a town built in the 1200s made to accomodate cars. So, there is a small path for a car to pass and then sidewalks on either side. The kids & I saw the VT logo, rolled down the car windows and shouted, "Go Hokies!". The woman was so excited--it was neat--she started whooping and hollering. Too cool to see the VT logo in a small town in Ireland! :)

Pumpkin said...

Your sampler is stunning Valerie! Looks like you're making good progress on it.

LOVE the pictures of Simon :o) We used to have two Siamese cats when i was growing up.