Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Market Stash!

Hello dear readers!

It is sunny and crisp here in the Shenandoah.  Thankfully, the winds have died down.  The yard is strewn with tree limbs, sticks, and all other kinds of yard debris.  The wind gusts were up to 50 miles an hour yesterday!  Whew!  Hubby and I will definitely be working in the yard later today!

This past week I headed to my LNS, Cross Stitch Station, to check out the new market finds.  There were so many new and pretty things!  I did pick up a few new things and I thought that I would share them with you. 

First, here is my new favorite stitching tool.  It is called "The Buddy Case" and it is by Namaste.  It is magnetic and is perfect for holding your scissors and needles.  I have my scissors and frogging tool in mine.  The magnets are so strong that they can hold a pair of scissors upright!  I love this new case...keep needles, thread and Thread Heaven in it too.  I highly recommend it to any and all stitchers!


Next, I had to pick up the new Blackbird Designs book, "A Stitcher's Journey."  What gorgeous projects!  The colors, the patterns, the stories...oh, what a wonderful book!  My faves are "Tulip House" and "Seaside Retreat." 

I also picked up a new Lizzie*Kate, "One Hundred Years."  It is perfect for me and my chosen profession!  There were some new hand-dyed fabrics and I found one that I thought would be perfect with the browns in the L*K piece.  I could not get a good pic of the fabric but it is a gorgeous yellow...perfect for those browns!


Well gentle friends, I am off to get some stitching done before heading out to the yard for the great "Pick-Up."  Thank you for all of your lovely comments!  They really do mean the world.  I love reading them and feeling connected to so many wonderful people!  I do hope to get caught up on my own commenting...so you will be hearing from me soon!

Happy Stitching!
Valerie

14 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Valerie that little case is adorable! What a great find. I'm so glad the sun is shining today here in KY. It's a bit too chilly yet for me to be out in it but very soon...very soon!!

Margaret said...

Nice stash! I've always been tempted by that case. Haven't succumbed quite yet. I love 100 years too. It's on my wish list. Thanks for sharing -- it's fun to read what everyone got. I'm waiting on the BBD book to show up in my mailbox. :D

Ranae said...

Super nice stash, but oh! the buddy case is the most fabulous

Robin said...

Terrific stash finds! Isn't that Blackbird book great? Mine arrived in yesterday's mail! I can't wait to see that yellow fabric up close and personal!

Have fun working in the yard! There are some downed limbs and branches here as well!

Faye said...

I just love all of your new stash!!Especially that little case...too cute and very practical~~~ The overdyed fabric looks like it has beautiful mottling throughout...perfect for the LK color pallete...Take care and hope you arent too sore from the pickup workout~~ Faye

Siobhan said...

What wonderful new stash items! good for you. I can't wait to get my hands on the BBD book!

Katherine said...

I just got my BBD book in the mail today, along with the two most recent AotH charts. I really liked the Tulip House too; as well as the Stitching Companion. I think that the LK 100 years is really appropriate for you; will you be able to hang it in an office or classroom? The winds were awful here too and more to come on Monday - you may want to hold off on picking up for now!

valerie said...

Great new stash! I'm eagerly awaiting my BBD book to hit my mailbox!

Laurie in Iowa said...

You got yourself some lovely new stash. I'm enjoying reading what everyone bought from Market. TFS

Karen said...

Great new stash...the BBD book is just too fabulous!

happy stitching...

jonette said...

Just found your blog and enjoyed all of your pics. I am trying to decide on a good lamp since I am having more trouble seeing to cross-stitch. I noticed some in your pics. Which one do you have and are your pleased? Which one would you recommend? Thanks for any info.

Evelyne said...

Hello Valerie,
I love the book from Blackbird also and purchased and the needle case is great!!
You have a very nice blog!I'm a follower now.
Take a peek on my blog, please.
http://eefsneedle.blogspot.com
happy stitching, Evelyne

Kathy Ellen said...

What wonderful new needlework finds! I love my Buddy Case too..Can't wait to pick up a copy of the new BBD book...I have seen so many comments on other blogs about how wonderful the designs are in the new book. Happy Stitching!

http://www.astitchersheirlooms.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

I love the stitching case! Nice stash you picked up, I love the BBD book as well and can't wait to stitch something from it.