Sunday, July 11, 2010

A New Project...

Good day everyone!

It is sunny and HOT here in the Shenandoah today.  I am trying to keep cool and get some things accomplished today.  I am finishing up some lingering job applications and wrapping up a few odds and ends that need to be mailed.   My post office has the strangest hours but I should be able to hit them when they are open tomorrow. 

I have started a quick little project that I will hopefully be able to finish soon.  With the craziness that has been my life lately, I neglected to ponder my husband's anniversary present.  I am trying to keep up with the traditional presents.  For instance, last year was our first anniversary and the traditional gift was to be something paper.  Well, I found a print of a gristmill inn that we visited and held special meaning to us.  I had it framed and it hangs in our living room.  This is our second anniversary and the traditional gift is cotton.  Well, I am stitching him a simple sampler on linen (well, it is in the natural fiber category with cotton) and using cotton threads.  Problem is, our anniversary is next Monday.  I may get it framed in time but probably not.  At any rate I chose to stitch Heart in Hand's "Family Medley."  I am using 32 ct. Summer Khaki and a mixture of over dyes and DMC. 

This is what I have stitched so far...

Heart in Hand "Family Medley"
32 ct. Summer Khaki
Weeks Dye Works, GAST, CC, DMC

I am enjoying this piece and hope to have it finished in the next day or so.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I hope that everyone is staying nice and cool and logging lots of stitching time.  Till next time everyone...


9 comments:

Margaret said...

It's a lovely sampler! Good luck finishing it in time. And happy anniversary!!

Sharlotte said...

This will be so cute all stitched up! Glad to see another post from you so soon Valerie!

Carol said...

That is such a nice thought to give the traditional presents each year, Valerie! I'm sure he'll love this--and happy anniversary to you both :)

Raven/Missy said...

What a beautiful way to commemorate your second anniversary! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Terrific progress, my friend! I really like this one and am glad you bought it on the 2nd!

Keep cool!

Robin

Katrina said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Good luck finishing it.

valerie said...

Great progress on your anniversary project! Good luck and happy anniversary to you both!

April Mechelle said...

It is going to be a great present!! I am cheering you on!!

Meadows08 said...

I hope you finish it in time!