Monday, April 5, 2010

The Kindness of Others

Good day fellow needleworkers and friends!

Spring has sprung and I could not be happier.  I have four more weeks of my teaching licensure program and then, well, the sky is the limit!!  Once that is behind me I am going to be a stitching fool!

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful comments and words of encouragement.  When I started this blogging journey, I had no idea how many wonderful people I would meet.  The individuals that I have encountered here in Blogland have been like angels and they have renewed my faith in humanity.  My good friend, Robin, is one of those people.  We have struck up a lovely email friendship and she was kind enough to send me some wonderful freebie charts and "The Little Red R Sampler" by the Good Huswife, just because she had them on hand.  Here are all the goodies that I got!!


Now, several weeks passed and my stress levels were rising.  One day, as I was sitting at the computer working on a school assignment and ready to crack, my husband announced that I had a package.  For the life of me I could not imagine what he was talking about since I was not expecting a package.  In the computer room he came, with an envelope addressed to me from...Robin!  As I opened the package to reveal the pretties inside, I started to tear up.  What a beautiful thing to have a friend who sends things "just because."  As I laid out the beautiful over-dyed threads, Belle Soie silks, hand-dyed fabric and sampler charts the tears really began to flow.  In a world where I felt like people only cared about what I could do for them, I had someone in my life that thought of me instead.  What a beautiful gesture!  Here is a picture of the second envelope of goodies...(you can see that Simon, the cat, just had to get into the picture...his leg is in the upper left hand corner)

Am I a lucky girl, or what?  To Robin, thank you so much.  I know that we have exchanged numerous emails since I received your lovely packages, but please know that your kindness is not forgotten!

I should also mention the numerous emails that I receive from people.  You have no idea how much those wonderful comments make my day.  They remind me that there are good people in this world...we just have to keep our eyes and hearts open to them.  Those comments and emails are like Robin's packages, reminders that there are people who care.  Everytime I read an email or comment, know that it brings a smile to my face...every, single time!

While this is not a "stitchy" post, I felt that it was important to share with/remind everyone how lucky we all are.  We have found a community of people who not only share our passion, but share our joys and sorrows.  What a blessing to have electronic hugs and postitive thoughts sent our way when we need it most.  To all of my blogging friends, thank you.  You mean more than you will ever know!

Till next time...and hopefully a progress pic of Richmond Sampler!

Valerie

13 comments:

valerie said...

How wonderful of Robin to not send you just one but two fabulous packages. That was a lovely gesture. Glad to hear your classes are going well. Just think...you're almost done!

Margaret said...

I agree, the blogging world is a special place. Robin is so sweet to have sent you two packages of goodies! Good luck with your classes!! Go go Go!

FayeRaye said...

You ARE very special and that was so very generous of Robin~~ With classes winding down, here comes the end of the tunnel....Congrats~~ Faye

Sharlotte said...

Keep chanting...almost done, almost done!:) You'll be there before you know it! I have the Early America and Mary Smith charts.I like them a lot. The Goode Huswife and the Glory Bee charts looks super too! What a wonderful and thoughtful gesture!

Vonna said...

Look at all those goodies! WOW :)
That was sure to put a smile on yoru face and a spring in your step, right?! :)
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome and making me blush so!

Hope these last weeks of your program go smoothly for you!

Big hugs to you!

Robin

Carol said...

Isn't blogland wonderful? Congrats on being so close to the end of your journey and the start of a new one. My daughter teaches second grade and while she was finishing up college I used to remind her to keep her eye on the prize at the end of the journey.

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Valerie, I couldn't agree with you more about the sisterhood of needlworkers. It's a wonderful thing being able to share a passion with so many talented and inspiring women. I'm so glad to get to know you, too, through your blog.

Kellie said...

How sweet!! That was a very nice gesture. Glad your classes are almost over.

Siobhan said...

What a wonderful gift from a wonderful friend. :) Robin is so kind & generous. Enjoy and hang in there!

Raven/Missy said...

What wonderful surprises! Stitchy mail is always a lot of fun to open.

Having someone who cares about you and thinks of you is a priceless treasure. What a great friendship you have!

Loraine said...

Meeting online friends, is a wonderful blessing! I have had similar experiences.
Just found your blog, from someone else's blog. I'll be adding you to my blog roll. Love all of your stitching projects!

Natalia said...

Valerie, that is a kind gesture. Yeah, our community is a special one. Hey, how are you doing on your Richmond Sampler? I can't wait to see it finished.