Friday, February 5, 2010

A new project and some progress

Good day everyone!  The snow is coming down here in the Shenandoah.  Weatherman says we should see about 12-16" of snow by Sunday.  Well, nothing to do but watch it come down and use the time to study and stitch! 


Thank you to everyone for your kind comments about my Sara Schultz finish.  You all are so sweet!  Oh, and several of you commented on the quilt pictured with Simon and my new threads.  I wish that I could say that I made it, but alas, I did not.  I bought it in Williamsburg, VA this past summer at the L.L. Bean outlet.  The colors were so pretty, and the price so reasonable that I just had to have it.  I put it on the daybed in my computer/study/office.  The room is the lightest room in the house and it is my little retreat.  It is where I read my blogs, study for school and read my latest novel.  I love it! 


I have been working on several new things lately.  Three things to be exact!  I have started two new projects and picked up one old WIP.  I started the Family Record Sampler and am using roses, pinks, and greens instead of the called for topaz, gold and green.  I have been playing around with it a bit and thought that I would use the varigation in the roses.  However, today I plan to stitch a rose with less varigation and see what I like better.  Here is my progress so far...



I have also joined the Beatrix Potter SAL.  That sampler is so beautiful and I have wanted to stitch it for some time.  I have not gotten terribly far but here is my progress so far.  I am stitching on 32 ct. Antique White and Crescent Colors Bretheren Blue.  If you are interested in joining...please do!  You can click here!  You only have to post progress pics once a month, so it is not an intense SAL. 

Finally, I will show you one of my oldies but goodies.  It is "Psalm 23" by Vera K.  I have stitched another line of verse which is one more than I had!  I think that I *might* try to get this one done by the end of the month.  We shall see.   It is a great stitch to come home to after "one of those days" as a substitute teacher.  Keeps me centered!

Well, I think that is about it!  Thanks for all of you for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments!  They really do make my day!  Till next time...Happy Stitching!






5 comments:

Sharlotte said...

Ah hah! I thought I had seen that quilt somewhere before and now I remember! I seen someone else on a blog with that quilt and asked them about it. They told me the same thing,L.L. Bean. I love the Family Record Sampler and the other one as well. Both are going to be beautiful! The BP one is a great one.So much you can do with it. You can stitch a motif for a needlebook or a fob, scissor case, or of course stitch it all in one big piece. I have long admired it ever since I seen Edgar working on his. He always has things that catch my eye.Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Anonymous said...

You are off to great starts on the Family Record Sampler and the Beatrix Potter piece! Your Psalm piece is pretty, too! Way to go, Valerie!

Enjoy your snowy weekend -- get in some good stitching!

Stay warm and safe!

Robin

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Hi Valerie! Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. I am so glad you did because now I've found you. I've signed as a follower and have added you to my blog roll as well. I'm so happy to meet you! I am a Virginian in my heart, although Michigan is home now. My folks still live in VA (near Richmond) and I love going home. I see that you are scheduled to hit the Williamsburg Gathering in another week - I hope you have a great time. Williamsburg is one of my favorite places! Your stitching is beautiful and I love your Sara finish in your previous post. You've got a lot of fabulous WIPs too (more than I can remember now) but your current ones are just gorgeous. I can't wait to hear all about Williamsburg and your class and hopefully lots of stash you buy!

Siobhan said...

Great progress on your projects, Valerie! I've never seen the Vera K design before, but it's one of my favorite psalms--it's going to be wonderful! I like your fiber choice for the BPQ, too.

Enjoy the snow--use it as an excuse to hunker down and stitch! Stay warm! :)

Lois said...

Nice progress on your projects! The brethern blue is a lovely choice for your Beatrix Potter. Hope you don't get too much snow and if you do, hope you can stay home and stitch!