Monday, February 1, 2010

More threads...

Hello everyone! It is quite cold here in the Shenandoah. Sounds like we are going to get more winter weather tomorrow. At this point, I have seen more snow than grass in the past month...hey, in my opinion if it is going to be blue-blazes cold, then at least snow! Careful what I wish for, right?

My mom called me this afternoon, said she had some errands to run in the town north of us and asked if I wanted to ride along with her. Sure, I figure, it will get me out of the house. Well, somehow we ended up at my LNS, where I picked up more threads for my Family Record Sampler. Originally, I thought to go monochromatic but I decided to add some other colors for depth. Pictured above is what I picked out. I am not sold on the lighter pink, but once I start stitching I think it will be fine.

Now, as I was attempting to snap the threads picture, wouldn't you know someone had to get in on the show?  My cat Simon decided to inspect the threads and give his approval.  He was just too cute...I had to share!  I should have progress pics soon...till next time...Happy Stitching!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sharlotte said...

Those threads are beautiful! I like the quilt you have on the bad and Simon is beautiful too!

April Mechelle said...

I see Simon gives his thumbs up. I do too. Great buy.

FayeRaye said...

Those shades are beautiful!!!! I could only wish I had a LNS I could drive to!!!! Nice!

Lois said...

Those colours are lovely! Simon looks very regal sitting there!

Anonymous said...

Oh Valerie, what a great looking quilt on your bed! Did you create it? Love the colors for your Family Record piece!

Robin in Virginia

Jane said...

Valerie, thanks for dropping by my blog and the lovely comment! Your cats are gorgeous also. Simon is such a lovely looking Siamese and Princess is cute with all that fur. I had a Siamese when I was a young girl and adored her to bits.

Yes, we are in Summer here but our Winter's aren't as pretty as yours. Ours are grey and gloomy with no snow. I think the snow is so picturesque. Keep warm and you're welcome to drop by my blog anytime. :)

Siobhan said...

Lucky you with the winter white--it's the perfect excuse to hunker down and stitch. Love the new stash! Your kitty is adorable, too. ;)