Saturday, January 9, 2010

My New Project! Sara Schultz ~ 1827

Good evening!  Here in the Shenandoah today the sun was shining and only a slight skiff of snow was seen from our snowfall last night.  I did not get called in to sub today so I had a few hours to stitch!  I wanted to show you my newest project, Sara Schultz from Ginger and Spice.  This is one of my "Santa Presents" and I am really enjoying stitching her!  I bought the fabric and thread on Monday and have gotten a good start on her, I think. 

This is the pattern book.  It says that the sampler is in the collection of the Reading Public Museum.  Guess the next time hubby and I are in PA we will have to swing by and take a look at the REAL Sara!



This is a closer shot of the sampler.  I am trying to hurry through the letters so that I can get started on the beautiful motifs!



This is what I have stitched so far...



Here are the threads...the picture does not do them justice.  I chose 28 ct. Zweigart Antique Cashel Country Grain fabric and sampler threads Dark Chocolate (Gentle Art), Gingersnap and Toffee (Simply Shaker.)  These colors remind me of a really good latte with an extra shot of espresso!  YUM!

Well, I am off to get supper ready and stitch a little bit more.  I hope all is well with everyone and you have been able to find some time to stitch today!  Till next time...Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Ranae said...

Super nice start and love the colors. The colors do sound yummy!!

FayeRaye said...

I love your progress on the Schultz sampler!! ALL of the selections you received are awesome! Why do I love samplers so???

Thanks so very much for your kind words you posted on my blog! I enjoyed making up the Valentine Tree and hope to do more seasonal smalls throughout the year...along with my samplers of course!! Faye

Jacquelynne said...

I know that the sampler threads are really gorgeous, it is impossible to get a photo that does them justice. Your sampler is going to be wonderful when it's done! Enjoy working on it!