Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Stash!


I am so excited!  Ever since I was in Williamsburg and was able to view the Antique Sampler Collection at the museum I have been obsessed with finding some of the samplers to reproduce.  Joanne Harvey of the Examplarery has reproduced several.  I bought two of her kits while we were there but really wanted to purchase the infamous "Chase Sampler" by Mary Starker(y).  Well, at the time I did not have $180 to spend on a sampler kit.  So I began to do some research on the internet.  That is when I found that Elsa Williams and Paragon had both produced The Chase Sampler kits.  Actually it was Erica's blog, "Bits and Pieces" that I learned about those other kits (Thanks Erica!)  I have been scouring ebay for these kits and in the process stumbled upon another Elsa Williams Williamsburg kit.  "The Farm Sampler" is a reproduction of Sarah Salter's sampler.  It was stitched in 1779 and it is in the Newburyport, Massachusetts style.  I have taken some pictures and posted them.  The sampler is stamped on linen but does use the same stitches as in the original.  I am very excited about this new stash item and I want to start stitching ASAP but I have promised myself that I would finish my "Blessed Be..." sampler first.  I will keep updating!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: