Thursday, August 6, 2009

What I am working on...





I have so enjoyed looking at the beautiful samplers on other blogs. Certainly makes me want to stitch faster...there are so many that I would love to stitch myself!


The sampler that I am currently working on is not an "antique." It was originally supposed to be a wedding present for my now husband. We got married in July 2008. Needless to say, I am a bit late. Well, you all know how life gets in the way but I have picked it back up and have been stitching away for about a week now. I have made some great progress!

The piece is "Blessed Are Those Who Gather Here" from Blue Ribbon Designs. I am unsure of the fabric but I do know that it is 32ct. My needlework shop did not have the suggested fabric so we improvised. Same with the thread. The suggested thread was Olde Willow Stitchery. Again, we had to improvise. I am using three different threads...Simply Shaker Sampler Threads from The Gentle Art, Weeks Dye Works, Crescent Colours and Olde Willow. Quite a sample :)




2 comments:

Erica said...

Great progress on "Blessed..."
You are still newlyweds! When you have been married many years, you will be so glad you stitched this!
Great start to your blog!

Ranae said...

The BRD is looking fabulous, who cares if it's late, just so it doesn't go to the bottom of the stitchy basket, lol
Welcome to blogland, have fun!