Monday, August 10, 2009

OMG!!! Too Many WIP's!!!

Picture it. I had a couple of free hours with the house to myself. DH was at work and I decided it would be a perfect time to REALLY go through my stash and dig out UFO's that have been lingering for years. I thought that I was relatively organized, at least regarding my stash. Boy, was I wrong! I found so many things that I don't even know where to begin! I found UFO's that are AT LEAST 12 years old and some of them I don't even like anymore! I found, no lie, 18 UFO's! So, I weeded through them and have eight pieces in my WIP basket. I must admit that I am a little overwhelmed. I figured this would be a great exercise and help me get things accomplished. Now I am not so sure. I might get rid of the Mill Hill kits or at least the Christmas pin. There are so many neat things that I want to stitch...AARRGGHH! I did take pictures of the WIP so I can keep up with my progress...





Here is Nantucket Rose by L&L. I have started this one twice. The first was on Aida then I changed to linen. She has always been a favorite of mine...I hope to finish her this year.




This is Anne Boleyn from a New Stitches Magazine pattern. I love Henry VIII and his wives and she is one of my favorites.

This is one of my oldest WIP's. I believe that I started it in 1996? I am almost finished, just have to finish the couching on the window panes. This is Jackson Arch at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, VA.



This is another favorite...the 23rd Psalm. The finished picture is gorgeous and looks like an antique sampler. I would like to have this done by the end of the fall...fingers crossed.
Well, that is all that I am going to bore you with tonight. I am off to put a few more stitches in my BRD "Blessings" sampler. Hope everyone has a good night...Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Ranae said...

I have lots of very old UFO's too.
You have some really nice ones there.

Natasha said...

Valerie,

Welcome! You are on the right track for completing your UFO's. All 4 look great and I will look forward to seeing progress pictures. No pressure though LOL.

Take Care
Natasha

samplerlover said...

Hi Valerie,
Thank you for paying me a visit. Looking forward to seeing your progress pictures. - Sandra.